Justice for All
Do not feel alone.
Everyone should be given the opportunity to have access to legal representation no matter their financial situation, sex, race, age, disability, color, creed, national origin, religion, or genetic information. Valdez Legal Advocacy recognizes this and wants to provide helpful resources to people who believe they have nowhere to go for legal help.
A lot of these organizations provide self-help legal guides, representation pro-bono, or at a reduced fee based on a person’s financial situation. Additionally, some are non-profit organizations that operate by receiving donations, so if you can donate, please do so! Know that your donation helps make a difference and it will be greatly appreciated.
• Texas Law Help – provides free legal information and court forms for simple civil legal problems.
• Lone Star Legal Aid – helps those who are low-income living in 76 counties in the state of Texas by working on various civil cases.
• Houston Volunteer Lawyers – HVL is the pro-bono legal arm of the Houston Bar Association that assists thousands of people each year with their most pressing legal needs, such as child custody, landlord/tenant, guardianship, and probate.
• Restoring Justice – they are committed to assisting marginalized communities with holistic legal support in the criminal justice system.
• Access Justice Houston – serves modest-means clients with legal issues in family law, consumer protection, immigration, and criminal defense by providing legal services on a reduced fee based on the client’s income.
• RAICES Texas – promotes justice by providing free and low-cost legal services to under-served immigrant children, families, and refugees.
• Catholic Charities – they help with immigration legal services, such as citizenship application assistance, and provide essential skills to government-approved refugees to become self-sufficient.
• Disability Rights Texas – provides direct legal assistance to people with disabilities whose rights are threatened or violated.